Thursday, July 23, 2009

Da Baby

Ira has made some strides in the last week. He has figured out how to grab things, though it takes a whole lot of concentration and effort at this point. He is taking naps again, though only when I put him with my blanket or pillow cases. He will sleep at night without an aide but during the day he wants something that smells like mommy. He nuzzles my blanket and chews on the pillow case, so cute. He fills his bassinet now. I'm going to move him to the crib within a month. The idea is sad to me because that means he will be in his own room and not where I can lean over and look at him. Time to get the baby monitor...

Adult wise, me and Casey will be getting a break on Saturday. His mother is taking Ira all night! I am both ecstatic and scared. He sleeps almost all night, minus 3 feedings so I know it's not more than anyone can handle. I know he will be fine. But my baby will be 20 minutes away from me. All night. This is supposed to get us a night of sleep but I fear I may end up wide eyed and anxious this first time.

The research for OFH the book is going well though I may need to do a few interviews at some point. That is a little nerve racking, I don't know how to find people to talk to or how to go about it. Figured out MLA referencing again, some days I understand why the written word is disappearing from the country. When anything I need to know about almost anything can be found with a few clicks and keystrokes you don't want to spend the extra time playing with a book. For myself I will always be a paper copy supporter... I want to have my copy of some things. For everything else there is INTERNET!

No comments:

Post a Comment