Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday

To both Ira and I, Happy Birthday. Ira is 2 months, and I am 24 years old. This is the first birthday I don't feel young anymore. It's not an "Oh crap I'm old." More of a "wow, I'm no longer some young kid." I'm a married woman with a child. Kinda boggles the mind.

Ira got to experience fireworks this evening. Was a learning curve for him. My younger brothers lady friend was holding the baby when our neighbors launched a big loud bright firework. You heard a BOOM! Wail! I was about 5 feet away when it went off, so I just nabbed him up and got him calm. The next one that went off I had sat down and gotten his ears covered. He didn't scream, little bit of crying though. By the time 10 had gone off around him he was just watching the fireworks, ears uncovered. At one point he even talked a little. Was very entrancing for him. Alas he got tired after and we had to deal with a cranky boy for a few minutes while driving home.

For those of you who know nothing of development living, you should know a few things about said drive. Everyone lights off fireworks out in the cul-de-sacs because they are the only places clear of trees in our valley. So driving home tonight was a little like a war zone. Have to be very slow going around corners because you never know if people are 50 feet back due to a large KABOOM on it's way. We drove past 2 active fireworks, both within 20 feet. It's rather startling to have it go off so close when your not ready for it. Happily both were smaller and I had been expecting it to happen at some point of the drive.

For now, this is the housemarm signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment